Looking For Feline Pet Care Info? Here’s Six of Them
Article by Jeff Grill
Search for the term ‘feline pet care info’ in Google and you will get close to six million results. It just goes to show that a large number of people are interested in learning about cat health. If you are one of them, you have come to the right place. Given below is a list of six simple tips that cat owners can follow to keep pet cats healthy, happy, and active.
1. Feeding healthy food is the first step in improving your cat’s health. Preference is always for a raw or homemade diet, although this is almost impossible to accomplish as cats require an exact balance of 40 nutrients, and in most cases requires additional supplementation. Because of this, it is preferable to either buy a raw diet in your pet store that is labeled “This food has been proven to be nutritionally complete or adequate for all life stages.” If you prefer a commercial diet, but a canned high quality diet that contains “human grade ingredients”. As an alternative, but a veterinary grade diet (e.g.; Sicence Diet, Purina Veterinary), or a premium cat food. If purchasing a commercial diet, make sure it is AAFCO certified. Even low cost foods, if AAFCO certified are fine, if that is what you can comfortably afford.
This is the first and foremost feline health advice you need to know.
2. To keep your cat healthy, you need to make sure it drinks plenty of water. The best way to do so is to buy one of the automatic watering bowls. If your water has a bad smell, then use filtered water. Cats prefer to get water from food, which is why canned is recommended. Adding an extra water bowl in a different location can also help to encourage drinking.
3. One of the most important feline pet care info you need to know is the importance of exercising your cat. Without physical exercise, your cat’s physical and mental health could get affected to a great extent. Studies show that cats that get adequate exercise are less likely to develop health problems as their disease resistance capacity is pretty strong. So, get some interactive toys and play with your cat to make sure it stays physically active.
4. Bathe your cat regularly and keep it clean. Similarly, clean its litter box and make sure it has a neat place to do its business whenever it wants without holding it in for a long time. Avoid exposing it to herbicides, pesticides, weed killers, tobacco smoke, and other such harmful substances. By keeping your cat’s surroundings clean, you can prevent a whole lot of feline health problems.
5. Give your cat a small dose of natural health supplements every day. This is easily the best piece of feline health advice anyone can give you. Choose a supplement that contains milk thistle, mistletoe, huang qi, and echinacea purpurea – herbs that cats in the wild often eat to detoxify their body. When given regularly, these herbs can eliminate the toxins from your cat’s body, improve the functioning of its vital organs, keep its blood pressure levels under control, improve circulation, neutralize the harmful free radicals in its body, and increase its disease resistance capacity.
6. Last but certainly not least, take great care of your cat and show it that you love it more than anything else. Your love and affection prevents your cat from feeling lonely or sad. So, spend some time with your cat every day to keep it not only happy, but also healthy. This is an important piece of feline pet care info that every cat owner needs to know.
About the Author
Jeff Grill is an editor of the Pet Health Guide, which the author recommends as a source for helpful feline pet care info. The author also recommends this site for additional feline health advice.